Learn how to maximize your use of mobile devices, make the most of online tools for collaboration and communication, and fully utilize today’s Internet capabilities with the latest edition of DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2018.
1. Introducing Today’s Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
2. Connecting and Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
3. Computers and Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
4. Programs and Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
5. Digital Security, Ethics, and Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Focus On: Technology Timeline.
6. Computing Components: Processors, Memory, the Cloud, and More.
7. Input and Output: Extending Capabilities of Computers and Mobile Devices.
8. Digital Storage: Preserving Content Locally and on the Cloud.
9. Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources.
10. Communicating Digital Content: Wired and Wireless Networks and Devices.
11. Building Solutions: Database, System, and Application Development Tools.
12. Working in the Enterprise: Systems, Certifications, and Careers.
Focus On: Web Development.
Appendix A: Technology Acronyms.
Appendix B: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems.
MindTap® is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap.