About the Author:-
I walked a path like many before me, graduating with a degree in mechanical engineering from the National University of Singapore. I have always been interested in technology. The latest innovations and inventions are not just interesting to me. They fascinate me. Going into engineering did not come as a surprise to those who know me well and my days at the university further cemented my pursuits in this field.
Not long after graduating, I started my first business. Using the capital I had accumulated working on several gigs while still in school, I invested in technology solutions that were still merely ideas. I then develop them into products that I would later sell to other companies. This included investing in intellectual property rights from around the globe, and innovating and designing the right products for the market. The solutions that I have helped design and develop are found in various sectors, including water treatment, alternative energy and nanotechnology.
Following my success with commercialising technology, I started another company to expand this passion of mine by matching innovative products and technology for industry adoption while at the same time creating investment opportunities for my clients.
As an entrepreneur, I am privileged to be able to observe the shift in the way technology is developed and adopted. Even at the time of writing this book, I can see new trends forming. I can see new “bedrock” technologies that are going to emerge. The future is coming faster than we imagine. If we want to stay relevant or ahead and continue to be successful, we have to stay abreast with technology.
Praise for the book:-
· AI Unlocked helped me understand the applications of artificial intelligence and its potential use for businesses. The book made it very clear and easy to understand. — Sanjiv Venkatram CEO, Prudentia Consulting Pte Ltd
· AI Unlocked is very well written and is easy for people who do not have a tech background to understand. I have always seen potentials of artificial intelligence in the business world and reading this book has clearly demonstrated its applications. — Ricky Setyawan Technical Director (Data Engineering), Datatech Integrator Pte Ltd
· AI Unlocked is an easy way for me to visualise and understand the essentials of artificial intelligence applications for businesses. It is a book containing a wealth of information for business owners and leaders. — Stephen Tan Snr Operations/Project Manager, N&T Engineering Enterprise Pte Ltd
· I always believe that artificial intelligence will take our businesses to a whole new level. This book certainly carries its weight in bridging that knowledge gap plaguing leaders trying to embrace change. Truly a must-read. — Wong Han Neng IT Manager, Charles & Keith
· This is definitely a must-read book. It contains the what, why and how of applying artificial intelligence in a very easy-to-read manner. Case studies shown offer great insight into its potential for disruption. For those seeking to know more about artificial intelligence, this book is the starting point. — Cheng Zhe Manager of Technology (Data Platform), CGS-CIMB Securities Pte Ltd
· The insights Daryl shares in his book provide great clarity for businesses looking to adopt and apply artificial intelligence. It serves as a great way to quickly understand artificial intelligence and the great value and transformation it can bring to businesses in the most painless way possible. — Alvin Yeo CTO, Elitez Group
· AI Unlocked offers a balanced approach to understanding and embracing artificial intelligence. Daryl covers its origin, its evolution to real-world applications, its potential misuses and more. He offers compelling takeaways for all readers, learners, managers and leaders of artificial intelligence. A highly recommended book! — Terence Ee Independent consultant and trainer
· In today’s world, technology adoption is essential for every organisation looking to thrive. Daryl’s book engages and inspires leaders at a strategic level with real life case studies broken down for greater clarity. This is a book not to be missed! — Truman Ng
· Director, Nexplore Pte Ltd
· This book is the missing piece for leaders to not only understand, but also apply artificial intelligence. — Victor Tan Senior Director of Corporate Development, Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
· With artificial intelligence being a hot topic, what’s needed is not further hype or zeal, but clarity on what it is and how people can use it. This book serves as an excellent map for leaders and business owners on how to get ahead of the technology curve. — Justin Wong Vice President, Firmus Singapore